If you are into action movies, then you should check out these movies fast.
There may be some splatters of blood and bruises in these movies but I think they are just necessary for the scenes.
I would like to mention in advance that a couple of these movies may no longer be available on your Netflix account depending on your location.
I have added some key things about the movies and what makes them interesting to watch. I try not to provide as much info because I don’t want to give spoilers for the movies. 🙂
So without further ado, here are 5 action movies to watch in Netflix:
1. Collateral (2004) . To be honest, the main thing I liked about this movie is that Tom Cruise plays THE villain. I mean he ALWAYS plays the hero in his countless Mission Impossible movies. So, it’s nice to see him not the predictable good guy for the nth time. The film is also sharply directed and edited. Mark Ruffalo is also in this film, one of his pre-Marvel movies. And Jamie Foxx was also spectacular in this movie.
2. Nobody (2021). Emmy winner Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul, The Post, Nebraska) stars in this movie. He is the regular, quiet husband and dad who refuses to fight or even complain. That is until one event triggers him and we see him unleash dormant skills. Odenkirk’s transformation from the laidback guy to a breathing action machine is believable. The movie makes us reflect how much do we really know (and not know) about our own family members, neighbors and those we always thought we already know.
3. Lou (2022). What do I find interesting in this action movie? We not only have a woman in the lead role but one who is in her late 50s or 60s. I don’t remember an action movie with a woman in this age category take on the lead role. Well, not that we have that many action movies either which feature women in the lead role in the past but we’ve thankfully seen an increase for some years now. Allison Janney is a transformed woman here who fights lean and mean. She’s the female version of Liam Neeson in Taken. This is the movie to watch to remind yourself to be fit until you’re in your retirement years so that you can still move well and yeah, fight well.
4. Salt (2010). I’m not really an Angelina Jolie fan but this movie (and Maleficent) made me see her in a new light. This film shows that Jolie can pull off a believable action flick. She just breezily fights through and survives all these fight scenes, like she’s been doing them all her life. And she fights well and fast that we even forget to consider if what she did was sensible or believable. This movie actually makes me want to see Jolie do another action film again.
5. The Mother (2023). What I appreciate about this movie is seeing Jennifer Lopez do fight scenes for a change. We have seen her in romcoms and of course, we have seen her sing, dance. So why not a hard-hitting Jennifer Lopez? The film also explores the mother-daughter relationship.
There you go. As promised, I try not to give spoilers. I hope to feature more movies to watch in my succeeding posts. Enjoy!