It’s one of the coolest things you can do: own a pet.
Now if you are not a pet owner yourself, you might not only beg to disagree but you might even annoyingly do so (complete with an eye roll and a long exasperated sigh).
But not the pet owners. They will completely agree with me. They might even say that life became even more beautiful for them once they began hearing the morning song of a pet bird or the welcome bark of their dog.
In fact, their lives changed. And for the better. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) would confirm that. According to CDC: “Studies have shown that the bond between people and their pets can increase fitness, lower stress, and bring happiness to their owners.” These studies further expound that the health benefits of having a pet include: decreased blood pressure, cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels; decreased feelings of loneliness; increased opportunities for exercise and outdoor activities and increased opportunities for socialization.
Indeed it is a good thing if your loved one or friend has a pet. And when their birthday or when the holidays come around, you can consider giving gifts that will bring a smile to the pet lover in them. So, while we are at this, let me count for you the great gift ideas for the pet lover:
- Pet mattress. This will be deeply appreciated by the dog or cat owner. All dog or cat lovers would want their pet sleeping comfortably. They will thank you for this especially if they are the type who might share everything with their dog or cat except their bed.
- Books about pets. Sure, it may be easy to google away everything we need to know about life and yes, pets but a book is something they would be able to check right away regardless if there is available WiFi or not. And they can read it sans distraction from social media and all things online they don’t need because they are just focused on getting pet information.
- Custom animal illustration. To get an idea of this, check out Vector Pets. Because that’s right, there is such a thing as Custom Animal Illustration. It’s really cool and very easy to get one. Yes, you can actually get it online and at a good price at that. Your pet loving loved one or friend will most probably grin ear to ear when you give this to him/her. He/She might not even just thank you for this but would probably repeatedly ask how you made it all possible.
- Walking essentials. Now if you need a gift for the pet owner whose pet is a dog, this will be really useful and appreciated. The basic dog walking essentials set would usually include a dog leash, a collar and poop bags. Other dog walking essentials set would also include a water bottle and water bowl.
- Toys. Both the pet lover and pet would be happy you wrapped up a toy as your gift. Dogs and cats especially would relish having toys. It’s all fun and joy for them when you get them the right toy. And so, it might be a good idea to also observe beforehand what kind of toys this specific pet would go gaga after. While we are at it, take this as a reminder as well or a pointer: it’s also a good thing to go for environment friendly pet toys.
Other Things to Consider. It is also important to consider the durability of your gift. Aside from its usefulness and well, cuteness, pet lovers would be grateful for gifts that would at least last for a time. Not something that gets destroyed easily. Check the quality as well. Make sure it’s worth the price you are paying for.
And talking about price, take note of your budget. What is within your budget? Do you need time to save for this gift? Will you pay this out from your coming bonus or can you just deduct this from your regular salary? Factor in the cost of the gift.
Don’t forget to also do your homework. Find out as much as you can about the gift you are getting. Read up. Google it out. Check product reviews. Do some product or even brand comparisons. You can even ask your other dog lover friends for their input before you make that purchase.
Don’t shop blind. Be informed. Know your options.
And when you finally get that gift, you not only bring joy to both pet lover and pet, you would be glad you made the right choice.